An easy gift from the kitchen is oatmeal crispies.
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 egg
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oatmeal
- Cream sugars and softened margarine or butter together in a large bowl until thoroughly mixed.
- Mix in oil and egg.
- Add flour a little at a time until mixed.
- Stir in vanilla, nuts, and oatmeal.
- Drop a teaspoonful of the mixture onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Press flat.
- Bake at 350° until browned.